The role of Workshop / Service Engineer is to take complete responsibility for specific workshop and off site jobs. The main activities will be dismantling, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, assembling and testing diesel engines spares and assemblies.
This Workshop / Service Engineer must be able to lead projects on client’s sites as required and will have to have hands-on approach to other mechanical engineering projects.
OT Rate is at 1.5x standard rate and offshore rate around 2x standard rate. There will have the opportunity to earn £70k+ with available service work
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel
(British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged
Roles & Responsibilities
• Dismantle engine assemblies and other equipment including clutches, steering legs and compressors.
• Clean and inspect spares, highlighting any items that do not meet job requirements.
• Rebuild equipment including engines, turbochargers, fuel pumps and other ancillary equipment.
• Carry out testing and inspection to ensure spares and assemblies meet our high standards.
• Fault diagnosis using systematic approach including the use of a PC in with the engine management/control systems.
• Complete strip reports, test sheets, engineers’ reports and other documentation in a clear concise manner to communicate to the Bartech team.
• Provide daily updates, including site reports when on service work.
• Work away from our workshop on customer’s sites & vessels.
• Communicate constructively with clients.
• Take full responsibility for the quality of your work, as an unsupervised representative of the Company.
• Work in a safe and organised way.
• Ensure your work area is kept clean tidy and organised.
• Good practical engineering background.
• Experience of working on medium speed engines used in marine and industrial sectors.
• Ability to be able to apply engineering knowledge for new projects.
• Driving Licence.
• Must be flexible to take on additional tasks to assist company.
• Would be an advantage to have certificate to work offshore.
• PC literate
• Team player
• Positive approach to customer and clients.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Ability to read and interpret various engine manuals and instruction books
• Committed to upholding and supporting the company EHQMS
All Candidates that are suitable for this role, must be aware that Veterans Employment & Training Solutions conducts Video Interviewing through the selection process.