The role of Warehouse & Distribution Manager will be responsible for the Logistic Team and all material servicing to and from the production areas. They will ensure continual integrity of reported stock positions for RM, WIP and FG. A key goal of the role is to ensure that the Production Team is able to focus on their responsibility with the logistics team facilitating the process of manufacture.
The Warehouse & Distribution Manager shall lead a team of logistics operatives ensuring that in all material movements safety is priority with accuracy and integrity of the system data managed at all times. Working closely with the Planning Manager and two Production Managers they will support the execution of the manufacturing plans and then complete the order cycle by managing the transport plans for customer deliveries, including liaising with in house Transport company GGT.
This Warehouse & Distribution Manager will hold final responsibility for ensuring that all despatches are delivered to the right location on time, to the right quantity, in the most cost effective manner and if there are issues related to the preceding manufacturing functions then hold them to account for the identified issues.
- Leads and manages the Logistics team holding all members to account for performance to the relevant standards and expectations regarding the provision of the logistics service to the manufacturing and order fulfillment cycle.
- Accountable to ensure entire team receives training necessary to maintain a safe working environment at all times, meet or exceed objectives, and is never out of compliance regarding regulatory mandates for initial or refresher training.
- Manages the administrative aspects of support to production including the process of close out of production batches with materials (FG / WIG / RM) being allocated back into stock and located correctly in warehouse locations.
- Develop and manage the Transport Manager to ensure we have clear management processes of transport scheduling and management that correlates to planning schedules and production execution.
- Actively contribute to the management team in the process of executing the order fulfillment cycle ensuring that communication is provided in a timely and accurate fashion to all stakeholders (both internal and external as appropriate).
- Develop, agree and manage a set of KPIs that demonstrate the performance of the Logistics function and provide a quantifiable value to its contribution to the business unit. Eliminates barriers for improvement and effectively manage change to drive improvement.
- Act as subject matter expert on site to address regulatory concerns that impact functional areas of responsibility.
- Maintains ongoing adherence to cost constraints and budget restrictions.
- Responsible for ensuring proficiency at all levels to ensure effective utilisation of personnel, alignment with processes, procedures, and systems.
- Analyses and drives improvement in functional areas of responsibility to ensure continuous improvement and eliminate non-value added activities
- Support new business initiatives and projects and contribute to review meetings and change process. Ensure effective logistics implementation takes place relating to the changes
External & Internal Relationships:
- Suppliers, Customers, Construction Site Teams, Sub-contractors.
- Key functions will include SHEQ, Planning, Production, Construction Teams, Procurement and Customer Service.
Low travel requirements as business is site based. Both within the UK and overseas,
- Weekly visits to UK sites and local supply base.
- Occasional overseas travel will be required as and when necessary
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Education and Qualification(s)
- Foundation Degree or higher national diploma in Logistics / Supply chain Management / transport Management
- Professional Qualifications from The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Significant experience of working in Logistics and supply chain management, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience as a Departmental Manager including the management of a team of shift based direct reports.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Has a proven track record in creating and executing strong logistic management systems.
Language(s) & level: