To support the conversion of vehicles into electric vehicles. The Mechanical Vehicle Technician will be working primarily at the Rotherham facility and will play a key role in the integration of electric drive systems into a range of commercial vehicles including trucks, buses and off road vehicles.
The Mechanical Vehicle Technician will be working closely with a team of mechanical and electrical design engineers and vehicle electricians.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
- Checking the mechanical condition of existing vehicles prior to conversion.
- Removal of engines and associated cooling, exhaust systems.
- Removal inspection and re-fitting of transmission components.
- Installation and commissioning of electric vehicle drive system.
- Installation of commercial vehicle air-brake systems.
- Installation and modification of steering and hydraulic systems.
- Modifications to vehicle body work.
- Modifications to vehicle interior trim.
- Generating manufacturing and installation instructions and procedures.
- Working to all relevant internal and external standards.
- Working within engineering and quality processes.
Experience & Skills
- Ability to read and interpret detail and assembly drawings.
- Ability to work safely and ensure the safety of others.
- Ability to work effectively with other engineers in a range of disciplines to produce a high quality reliable engineering solution.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Desire to learn and grow with the business.
- Must pride themselves on high quality work and attention to detail.
- Experience of working in an engineering environment.
- Adaptable to undertake a variety of tasks as required.
- HGV, Bus or Plant experience.
- A good understanding and knowledge of all things mechanical.
- HGV, PSV, Forklift licences.
- Welding and fabrication experience.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.