Shifts: Rotating Monday to Friday ( 6.30am to 15.00pm ), and - (13.30pm to 22.00pm)
Salary : - £15.17 per hour with a Twilight shift allowance of £1.63 per hour for hours worked between 19.00pm and 22.00pm ( not paid if off sick )
O/T paid after 8 hours worked /½ hour unpaid lunch
We have a rare opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as a fully skilled LGV Vehicle Maintenance Technician based at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit in Atherstone. As a Vehicle Technician, you will maintain Assets' safety and reliability by performing service and maintenance of the company fleet of vehicles and trailers in line with planned maintenance schedules. Ensuring that the fleet is safe, legal and fit for duties.
- Completion of signed service and inspection records
- Completion of defect reports and associated paperwork to comply with legal requirements.
- Prepare vehicles and trailers for annual MOT testing (to a standard to ensure 1st time pass)
- Perform ad-hoc vehicle repairs, investigating and rectifying vehicle defects.
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
The successful applicant should have:
- Fully skilled with applicable Licenses / Vocational Training (e.g., LGV C&E licence (class one).
- City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs
- Knowledge of the use and operation of all automotive equipment and testing / troubleshooting equipment.
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre Heavy Vehicle Components.
- Experience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess valid driving license.
- Previous experience within a similar role Full Training will be given along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our Client also offers excellent career opportunities for those who are keen to progress in a supportive "can do" and rapidly expanding environment.