Hours: Mon-Fri 8:45-5:15 (variable slightly)
Occasional on-call weekend responsibilities (rota)
Regular UK wide travel (regularly away 2-nights per week)
Benefits: Company uniform, company vehicle, exceptional training & personal development, company pension contribution | Growing, innovative, quality-focussed team | Phone-based sales progressing to face-to-face | Results-driven, outside-the-box thinker, hungry, experienced salesperson, team-player
Our Client who is a wireless solutions provider and wireless internet service provider are looking for a Telecoms Installation Engineer. This Telecoms Installation Engineer serve both homes and businesses with internet access, using microwave radio technology to deliver solutions as well as design and build WiFi networks.
The role of Telecoms Installation Engineer is to work within the engineering team and is the perfect role for a technically skilled individual looking to join a growing, dynamic organisation.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
- Reporting to the service delivery manager, the successful telecoms installation engineer will be responsible for testing, fault finding and rectify faults on customer sites
- Terminate data cables (copper/fibre)
- Conduct site surveys and provide accurate and prompt reporting
- Installation, programming and commission of radio equipment
- Install radio mounting equipment on various surfaces
- Record daily tasks, to comply with their project managers reporting
- Obtain customer acceptance and sign off reports upon successful surveys and installations.
- Ability to work in a team or alone.
- Minimum of 3 years’ engineering experience within a telecoms engineering environment
- Able to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Have a flexible approach to the working day (due to the position being field based this can include days away from home)
- A high attention to detail
- Experience in programming and diagnostics
- Working at heights training, including Tower climbing and rescue, RF awareness and first aid training. (Preferred but not essential)
- CSCS card
- Full UK driving licence
- Project management experience (desired, not essential)
- Have own tools
- PASMA, First Aid