This Supply Chain & Logistics Manager shall be responsible in the efficient running of all logistics movements and document control into the UK and EU managing each and every aspect of transport movements to ensure deliveries into end customers are seamless and without issue. The Supply Chain & Logistics Manager will also be responsible for management information and strong communication with internal teams in different countries and external partners in the UK and EU and also direct communication with our customers. At all times keeping control of the day to day management of the supply chain and being able to manage difficult situations and find solutions to the challenges. This Supply Chain & Logistics Manager needs to be focused, diligent in their work and great at effective communication and workload/task management.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Requirements of the Role:
- UK logistics planning
- To control all UK logistics and planning to include arrangements of transport from UK ports and onward journeys to final destination
- To control, plan and communicate 5-week supply chain forecast.
- Update clients with arrivals / delays
- Create and distribute purchase orders to suppliers
- Document control from source to include farms right through to customs agent in the UK, this will also include document controls with shipping lines.
- Logistics cost control and analysis
- Having a good knowledge of the UK Logistics industry
- Being able to understand documents requirements linked to Brexit
The role would involve training and interaction with origin in South America and possible travel.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.