We are looking to recruit an Ex-Military Communications Specialist for a market leading business that is looking to employ an Solutions Engineer. This Solutions Engineer shall be working closely with Account and Business Development Leads to solve customers most difficult mobile ad hoc networking (MANET problems. This Solutions Engineer will serve as the technical lead and subject-matter expert in the development of MANET network architectures and be responsible for all technical aspects of Wave Relay® MANET solutions offered to our customers. The Solutions Engineer will also play a pivotal role in designing, configuring, and supporting customers networks.
We are looking for skilled communications specialists who enjoy being in the field and working with our customers. This Solutions Engineer will be working with the most sophisticated customers in the wireless communications industry, including MoD and Government agencies, so having an understanding of the military is an advantage.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
The Solutions Engineer will work closely with our engineering department, helping to shape future product development with your insight into customer challenges and market needs.
- Be responsible for internal and external engineering demonstrations, development testing, assisting with systems integrations, providing on and off-site customer support, customer trainings, and building relationships with prospective clients.
- Support the definition of technical requirements for tactical programs such as Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV), Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) and the development of application software running on the Wave Relay® network.
The ideal Solutions Engineer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Show capability and have an interest in networking disparate networks together.
- 2+ years of IT experience that includes hands-on network design, software / server integration and configuration, development of network operations or systems architecture.
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent (1 year’s networking experience / router configuration)
- Desirable to have 3+ years of experience with Defence, Communications, Intelligence, Special Operations communication systems but not essential.
- Experience or knowledge of wireless technology specifically MANET, Mesh, Ad-hoc, protocols and web architecture, with an understanding of hardware and software concepts associated with these technologies.
- Ideally has experience working directly with customers and end users.
- Interest in or experience with Java, C, C++, Python, or an equivalent software language would be a useful asset.