As a Site Surveyor you shall be reporting into the Project Manager (PM), you will be working on a variety of projects in the England and Wales. This Site Surveyor will be working as part of a 2-man team, or sometimes with our Clients site team, surveying drainage assets on the country’s trunk road network.
Due to the nature of the Site Surveyor position, you should be open to traveling all over England and Wales - accommodation cost will be covered, along with access to a company van. The works will mainly entail working weekday nights.
The ideal person to for fill this position, will need to be physically fit, diligent and with an eye for detail. You will be working within the Companies Health and Safety guidelines and shall receive regular inductions on the various sites you will be working on.
This Site Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring work is completed safely, on time, and to the quality standard required. At the end of each working shift, you will be required to complete shift reports detailing the works achieved. These shift reports must be submitted to the Project Manager directly after the shift finishes. The data collected during your shift must be synchronised with our cloud-based servers at the end of each shift.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
- You will be responsible for the safe keeping of the GPS survey equipment ensuring that any issues are reported immediately.
- You will be allocated a works vehicle. You will be responsible for the general cleanliness and safe keeping of the vehicle.
- You will be required to undertake daily inspections of the vehicle noting any defects to the PM.
- Full training will be provided to the right applicant.
- To liaise with the PM and keep them informed of overall performance and progress.
- To liaise with the Client team as necessary to ensure that works are undertaken safely, to the required standard and to meet programme requirements.
- To ensure that all works meet the requirements of the works specification.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement in the safety, quality, efficiency & effectiveness of the site works
- Ensure that teamwork in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and enforce best practices to ensure operational efficiency.
- Recommend cost-reduction initiatives while maintaining productivity and quality.
- Monitor the safety of your activities & operations, observation of company safe working practices, employee welfare and the environmental impact associated with the works being undertaken.
- Monitor the works and ensure that all shift reports are submitted in accordance with scheme requirements.
- Ensure that you comply with all recognised safe working practices during works.
- Ensure that you have seen and been briefed on all site-specific risk assessments and method statements prior to any site works being undertaken.
- Ensure that you attend all pre-shift briefings.
- Ensure that you adhere to all company H&S requirements
- Ensure that you adhere to all company Drug and alcohol policies.
- Ensure your relevant competencies are kept up to date by liaising with the PM and HR department.
- To assist in the improvement of Crown Plus working practices and identify possible measures to improve the quality of the product to the Client.
- To collate records of all delays / disruptions and instructions and issue to the PM
- Collate and review all ‘Site Record’ sheets for works completed and submit the same to the PM at the end of each week.
- This job description is not exhaustive list and can be amended as and when required to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Training
- Valid CSCS card
- Valid First Aid certificate (Optional).
- Full driving license
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.