As a Site Manager, reporting into the Contracts Manager, you will be working on a variety of projects in the England and Wales. This Site Manager must be experienced in supervising personnel and managing sites (Ideally Highways but not essential), contractual hours of work are 50 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
This Site Manager will need to manage the site, ensuring work is completed safely, on time, within budget and to the quality required by the client. You will manage staff and ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities, demonstrate good financial knowledge, and ensure site records are maintained. Works will involve working some night shifts and staying away from home where necessary
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
- To liaise with the PM and keep them informed of overall performance and progress.
- To liaise with the Client team as necessary to ensure that works are undertaken safely, to the required standard and to meet programme requirements.
- To ensure that all works meet the requirements of the works specification.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement in the safety, quality, efficiency & effectiveness of the site works
- Advise PM of any business-related issues.
- Ensure that teamwork in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify skill gaps and propose appropriate trainings to team.
- Develop and enforce best practices to ensure operational efficiency.
- Recommend cost-reduction initiatives while maintaining productivity and quality.
- Provide guidance to team members and monitor their performance, discipline, and attendance on regular basis.
- Provide necessary detail to PM so that Client invoicing is undertaken promptly.
- Monitor the safety of all operations, observation of company safe working practices, employee welfare and the environmental impact associated with the works being undertaken by ourselves and any Sub- contractor.
- Monitor the works and ensure that all shift reports are submitted in accordance with scheme requirements.
- Attend Pre-Start Meetings, where necessary, and implement any actions arising.
- Assist in co-ordination of site works with other parties, i.e., Highway Authority, TM companies, Utilities, etc.
- Enforce and assist with, the overall observance of all recognised safe working practices during works.
- Ensure the completion of a Site-Specific Risk Assessment before any work starts on an individual section.
- Monitor and maintain the site program and report any deviations to the PM.
- Be available for all meetings with client’s on-site representative when necessary.
- Be responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the site-specific method statement.
- Ensure the Project Management Plan is kept fully up to date, and that all paperwork is duly completed and filed appropriately.
- Collate all complaints and/or damages and refer to the to the PM.
- To assist in the improvement of Crown Plus working practices and identify possible measures to improve the quality of the product to the Client.
- To collate records of all delays / disruptions and instructions and issue to the PM
- Collate and review all ‘Site Record’ sheets for works completed and submit the same to the PM at the end of each week.
- This job description is not exhaustive list and can be amended as and when required to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English – Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Valid CSCS card at Site Manager level (or equivalent).
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Construction Management – HNC Level 4, HND Level 5 or NVQ Level 6 is desirable but not essential.
- Full driving license
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.