Our Client is an experienced and a proven background as specialist in interior fit outs/refurbishments. This company are continuously looking to build the team to push forwards for expansion and growth. Their project values can vary anything from between £1,000 to £250,000, covering multiple sectors of the commercial industry, from restaurants, public houses, offices, warehouses, schools, hospitals, high street shops and large shopping centres. Our client has notably built long standing relationships due to repeat project successful delivery. They have an incredible reputation in the industry which puts them in a good position to secure future projects. They are looking for someone to drive the projects forwards, showing good initiative and co-ordination on site with other trades.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
About the Opportunity:
Our client is currently looking to recruit an experienced Shopfitting Lead Joiner. At present they are expanding their business and have many new projects coming across the West Midlands. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director. This Shopfitting Lead Joiner must have knowledge of building processes and will be responsible for all works from site set up to finishing. You will need to have experience of taking a project from start to completion and must be willing to be hands on as well as a proven man manager and motivator. There will be plenty of opportunity for progression within the company.
Duties will include:
- Making sure clients are happy on site/ be well presented
- Predominantly working on the tools, helping to co-ordinate works on site with other trades
- Drive the projects forward
- Be able to read construction drawings
- Good Communication Skills; be able to communicate with people at different levels
- Order materials/complete materials take offs
- Support Site operatives to ensure programmes are met. Work to construction programs
- Attend site meetings as required
- Ensure that all day-to-day tasks are completed
- Review operatives’ competences – Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Ensure all operatives are clean & tidy
- Ensure all employees/sub-contractors conduct themselves in a safe working manner
Salary will be in the region of £35,000 - £42,000 + Company Vehicle, Company Phone, Holidays, Pension. Subject to skill and experience. The company offers a fantastic working environment and will provide the opportunity to progress your career through excellent guidance, support and training.
Our client is open to looking at Shopfitting Lead Joiner who have experience within the Fit Out/refurbishment market whether this be within a sub-contractor, main contractor. You must have at least 3 years’ experience and hold an NVQ 2 or equivalent, a clean driving license and own tools, but this is not an essential.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.