This position is for a Senior Systems Engineer who will be responsible overseeing Electronic Engineering products through design and development, concept through to implementation. The products may include fixed or portable computer systems as well as custom electronics solutions. The Senior Systems Engineer should be suitably experienced in Electronics Engineering and computer systems product development/management.
It is important that the candidate can work well within a team and has good problem-solving skills.
Knowledge and experience in designing products to meet a wide range of EMC and environmental requirements is a key part of this role.
The candidate must be a fluent English speaking UK citizen, with Security Clearance (or be able to gain Security Clearance).
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the design and development, testing (functional, EMC and environmental), implementation and production of bespoke products to meet client requirements, including aspects of project management.
- Effectively oversee various product qualification testing – CE, EMC, LVD and environmental ensuring all relevant documentation is completed.
- Liaise with colleagues and project teams to ensure control over product development processes.
- Creating and maintaining technical wiring diagrams.
- Oversee and control BOM (Bill of Materials) procedures using MRP System.
- Apply the Engineering Change Control Process to effectively introduce design changes.
- Provide technical support, as required, to the Purchasing department/Supply Chain.
- Work in harmony with component suppliers; maintaining strong working relationships.
- Identify and assess alternative electrical cables/components for use as necessary.
- Help achieve overall business objectives; meeting and exceeding client expectations in relation to design, development, testing, manufacturing, customer support etc.
- Work closely with Production to oversee the smooth transfer of products through in to manufacture
Key Skills and Candidate Requirements:
- Able to effectively oversee complex electronic product development at all stages.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems.
- Extensive electronics engineering experience, with the ability to understand, specify and review circuit diagrams and the resultant PCB layout.
- Able to understand
a wiring diagrams and carry out system integration and equipment wiring.
- Proven knowledge of system and equipment wiring.
- Proven ability to carry out qualification and/or verification testing.
- Understanding of relevant documentation and the standards (including military standards) testing be completed to.
- Good understanding and experience of electronic components.
- Able to understand electrical / electronic component data sheets.
- Able to understand and interpret circuit diagrams.
- Familiar with instrumentation / test equipment: oscilloscopes, multi-meters, temperature sensors etc. and how to connect and use them.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project.
- Valid UK driving licence with own car.
- Degree level qualification in product design or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.