The Quality Engineer will support the Management Representative for Quality and with the Quality Manager has organisational freedom to resolve all matters pertaining to Quality. This Quality Engineer shall require flexibility in working arrangements. In addition to the duties and responsibilities described at the interview and induction stages or outlined at a later time, the position holder shall be required to carry out such duties, responsibilities and additional tasks as necessary within the position holder’s capabilities. The company reserves the right to alter or vary this job description in line with work requirements and the position holder shall be expected to cooperate in the interests of the company.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Health and Safety and legislative requirements
- Lead the implementation and sustain development of APQP (PPAP & FMEA)
- Lead on the development of internal company Quality activities;
- Completion of FAIR packs
- Support Account Managers as required with customer facing quality issues
- Be the quality representative in the eyes of the suppliers
- Support as requested internal and external Quality Audits;
- Record and report on all non-conformances related to the company;
- Apply the necessary corrective and preventive actions to prevent non-conformances;
- Ensure document control within the QMS is maintained;
- Communicate the Company Quality Policy throughout the organisation;
- Approve/Assess new suppliers and review existing suppliers, as applicable;
- Coordinate and record Management Reviews;
- Maintaining customer confidentiality, as applicable;
- Maintaining records, as applicable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of QMS including ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Detailed understanding of NPI gateways and product approval processes
- Thorough understanding of the applicable regulations and standards of the Aerospace / Marine / similar industries
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Aerospace or similar Industries.
- Auditor/quality accreditation
- Experience of working in an Engineering environment or context.
- A Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or QA based discipline
- Evidence of continued professional study
- High level of computer competency.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr)
- Member of CQI (MCQI CQP)
- Level 6 (Degree) Qualification
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Numeracy skills
A proven track record of:
- Using own initiative within defined procedures and policies.
- Presenting information in a logical, clear and concise format and communicating this effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Working collaboratively with a range of colleagues.
- Managing own workload
- Identifying priorities quickly and accurately and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Analysing data and information and advising on findings and solutions.
Personal qualities and attributes
A proven track record of:
- motivating, negotiating with and influencing others.
- Self-evaluation of learning needs and actively seeking further training / development
- Willingness to attend meetings as required.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.