An opportunity has arisen in our Quality Department for a full time Quality Control Analyst reporting directly to the Quality Control Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a chemical manufacturing facility within a laboratory environment in Quality Control function. You should be a good communicator, be literate, numerate and have excellent team working skills as you will need to work as a highly effective team member.
- Carry out analysis, of raw material and samples at all stages of process, both routine and non-routine, to standard operating procedures.
- Carry out analysis, to aid in the development and improvement of, plant process and Quality Control standard operating procedures
- Operate, calibrate and check analytical equipment, observing good laboratory practice
- Under supervision of the Quality Control Manager, carryout the investigation of equipment and material failures.
- Maintain samples of material for correct storage, in designated areas and keep the store areas in good order, noting material shelf life.
- Maintain reagent and equipment stock levels and ensure reagents are within expiry dates
- Prepare small samples for customers and despatch as per required instructions
Requirements for the position are:
- HNC/HND in Chemistry or equivalent / higher
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working 'hands on' in an analytical laboratory
- Competence in a variety of analytical testing and equipment (including HPLC and GLC)
Salary for the successful candidate will be in the region of £20K per annum for a 36.25 hour week (Monday-Friday 08.45-16.30). Other benefits include 25 days holiday plus all UK Bank Holidays, a paid sick pay scheme and a group stakeholder pension scheme to which we contribute.