Responsible for the profitable growth of the Kitchen category in the UK. A project manager is responsible for evaluating and making recommendations on all aspects of a company's products through the entire product life cycle while collaborating with other functions in the organisation
- Support the development and implement a long-term product strategy to drive revenue growth based on market drivers and competitive advantage.
- Define the product range within channels / product categories /customers, delivering the optimal value proposition
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, importantly including NPI.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Area of Responsibility
Identification, selection, and realisation of product plans culminating in the availability of the required products (product, packaging, certification, data, etc.) on time, on cost, on spec is responsibility of the PMK, who will use the existing functions (who remain responsible for the successful completion of the individual tasks) to achieve his/her targets.
- Full product management of the product lifecycle, including SKU rationalisation, driving excess and obsolete stock.
- Drive existing product development including overall performance management, understanding customer and quality issues
- Identify current and future market opportunities for new product development, ensuring products are fit for target markets (including target segments e.g., installers, designers)
- Briefing and validation of product communication items
- Analyse sales and margin to ensure compliance with plan and identify trends, margin issues to fill white space opportunities
- Competitor benchmark (products and activities)
- Create and deliver product training
- engaging with key suppliers in alignment with procurement as well as support purchasing to deliver product cost savings
- Support the sales team with key accounts (e.g., trend presentation, ranging, strategic planning)
- Review pricing data and create pricing strategy in co-ordination with sales
- Sales development across product ranges
- Product margin improvement, at +0,5 p.p. per year and in in line with sales plan targets
- Delivery of the NPI agreed projects on time, in budget, on spec
Adequate university degree or equivalent, 5/ years working experience in marketing or technology. Very strong project management skills with a proven track record of project delivered on time, cost and on spec. Highly developed business acumen, technology, and social competencies to lead execution in cross cultural and non-hierarchical environments. Structured and data-based approach but at ease with not fully settled scenarios. Winning spirit, high resilience and thought leadership.
Specific skills required
- Very strong project management skills, ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Good commercial awareness, understanding key business measures
- Well organised and highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Good technical understanding of processes and relationship to cost/ efficiencies
- Good people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Strong communication through clear and loud presentation
- persuasive skills
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.