As a member of the Support Services team, you will play an integral role in providing Payroll support to the business throughout the employee life cycle in an efficient and performance focused manner. Reporting into the Payroll Manager you will act as the liaison between Payroll, HR, Managers/Supervisors, and the employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions and processing payroll. You will closely with the Head of HR in respect of HR tasks, reports and processes to be performed.
What you will be responsible for?
- To ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time and help staff across the business with any payroll related queries and tasks.
- To deal with all month-end and year-end payroll duties such as P60’s and P11d’s and to assist the finance team with any issues relating to these payroll processes and associated audits
- Manager and maintain company mileage and company cars, submitting private mileage figures each payroll month
- Submitting all RTI, FPS and EPS to HMRC on a monthly basis and making PAYE payments on time and correct to ensure no fines are accrued
- Calculating all statutory and HMRC deductions/payments for employees
- Managing the company pension schemes and maintain the company’s health insurance scheme
- Apply tax code notifications from employees and HMRC
- maintain the administration of HR Systems and HR files
- Work collaboratively with the HR team to ensure that business priorities are met
- Support site HR function with HR/employee related tasks at the appropriate level.
- Process all documentation and correspondence relating to employee life cycle matters in a timely and accurate manner, adhering to Company procedures.
- Liaise and provide information to other departments with regards to new starters, leavers, holidays, pay rate change details.
- Manage and update the HR system, monitor absenteeism
- Process and update all exit documentation are completed timely to ensure accurate final pay
- Support the team in delivering HR projects and initiatives, as required.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR processes, documents, and services.
- Provide holiday cover for Payroll Manager and HR Assistant within in the team
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
- Solid payroll experience (certified or qualified by experience)
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent MS office skills, in particular Excel
- Strong administration experience and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Confident, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with managers at all levels within a business.
- Discretion and the ability to work with sensitive information/ data while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond positively to pressure.
And in return you will receive!
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday a year including Bank holidays.