We are now looking for an effective administrator dedicated to supporting the Estimating department at the tender stage of projects, requesting, obtaining and collating key documents for the tenders, obtained from a variety of local authority or other sources.
This role is client and stakeholder facing and requires an attentive professional individual to determinedly obtain such information in the correct manner
Your primary function will be to obtain utility records from local authorities or other such sources.
Fully establish client requirements and ensure the correct records are obtained for the Estimator to plan and cost the tender.
You will manage applications to be made for the tender as well as researching key information relevant to the tender.
Hours of work:
Mon – Fri 7:30 am – 17:00 pm
What you will be responsible for?
- Log and review new enquiries and fully establish client requirements.
- Prepare enquiry reports for use by the Estimators
- Prepare draft quotation template ready for use by Estimators
- Determine property schedules and record plot count
- Apply for relevant utility plans (gas and electric) and other required information for tenders
- Apply for gas and electric design quotations
- Establish local authority name and road types for approach works
- Establish name of incumbent water utility for area of works
- Update and prepare reports
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure that business priorities are met
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
- Experience within a utilities environment preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills and ability to participate as a key team member
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Packages
- Professional attitude, appearance and well spokenAnd in return you will receive
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Company Contributory Pension Scheme 28 days holiday a year including Bank holidays.