A vacancy has arisen to join the Engineering Department. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled Engineering team within a lower tier COMAH facility. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified Mechanical Fitter. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
The position works on the 5-shift system, working 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off shift pattern. Each working shift is 12 hours. Day shifts at 06:00 – 18:00 hours, night shifts are 18:00 – 06:00 hours. This pattern includes weekends and most bank holidays with the exception of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Every 8 week rotation there is an 18 day break with 1 day allocated to training. There is a 1 hour paid break during each 12 hour shift.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience listed below:-
- Operation of a boiler, waste solvent incineration and emissions abatement plant.
- Mechanical preventative and reactive maintenance work in an industrial environment working on equipment such as gearboxes, pumps, mechanical seals, pipework etc.
- Mechanical plant installation and modification work.
- Statutory inspections - pressure testing, plant integrity and commissioning work.
- The use of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- The ability to use and interpret equipment drawings, manuals and other technical information to assist with all works.
- Work in accordance with the company safe systems of work and permit to work systems.
- You will need to have a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and educated to ONC or City and Guilds level 3 (RQF level 3) in Mechanical Fitting/Engineering as a minimum.
- Ideally you would have BOAS accreditation or obtain this once successful.
- Ideally you would also have training with MEWP’s, Abrasive wheels, Welding equipment and Confined Spaces.
Career development will be possible with both internal and external training courses available.