The role of Manufacturing Manager will manage the day to day operations on site leading the manufacturing team from Goods inwards to Packing of finished product and its Despatch. The Manufacturing Manager will have Direct responsibility for Safety, Quality, Productivity and Waste within the Manufacturing operation. One of the main responsibilities of the Manufacturing Manager is managing the production team via Shift Managers to ensure all product produced in line with specifications and timescales for customers. Deputise in absence of Site Manager.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
- Ensure that all products being produced meet all the necessary and agreed specifications
- Ensure all production procedures are carried out to comply with the SOP, Quality Manual and HACCP system.
- To ensure there is a drive for continuous improvement and drive efficiencies in all areas
- Ensure all used and unused products are documented to comply with all traceability and stock rotation requirements
- Ensure all paperwork / documentation is completed correctly and signed off in a timely manner (Including monthly stock take information)
- To be a Floris (Microsoft Dynamics) power user.
- Ensure that Floris is accurate and up to date at all times in all areas.
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping is maintained throughout the factory in line with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To manage the capacity of the factory, maximizing yield and productivity
- Provide direction, motivation and support through management and leadership to all direct reports
- Ensure all staff are trained and competent in the tasks they are set and ongoing training needs are identified
- To work with other departments to ensure smooth running of factory with key relationships being Commercial and Supply Chain
- Responsible for ensuring online running problems are solved, including Root Cause Analysis.
- The management of customer visits to ensure compliance with required standards
- Setting and working within budget constraints
- Organise and manage all logistics operating activities
- Control all physical movements of goods into and out of the factory
- Provide a service to all customers external and internal
- Ensure availability of all stock items and ensure correct stock rotation
- Ensure deliveries/dispatches to and from site are done in a timely manner
- Ensure all CCP loading and unloading procedures are correctly followed at all times
- Identify improvements in system and operations to work as effectively as possible
- Ensure all company disciplinary procedures, back to work interviews, performance reviews and conduct reviews are completed in line with process
- Attend daily production meetings and weekly business meetings as required
- Ensure company and statutory Health & Safety regulations and hygiene requirements are met all times
- Ensure that waste and recycling process is carried out in accordance with quality and hygiene standards
- Appraise Area Managers annually in accordance with company programme
- Out of hours support where required
- In the absence of Site Manager, the Manufacturing Manager will deputise and carry out relevant duties
- Future development of the factory in partnership with the Site Manager
Skills & Experience:
- Project Management skills
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Qualifications: Food Manufacturing Degree
- People Management Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within FMCG environment. Prefer experience of managing Operations within short shelf life chilled food or produce industry.
- Experience of ERP (preferably Microsoft Dynamics based system).
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Safety and Environmental requirements within a chilled produce manufacturing environment. Prefer IOSH qualified. Exposure to BS 18001 or 9001 would also be an advantage.
- Confident manager with the ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of Supervisors as well as other members of the Production team.
- Good standard of numeracy and the ability to quickly assimilate large quantities of information. This role will require quick decision making and clear communication.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.