A key role within the international directorate of a central government department. The role is based in Amman, Jordan and the successful candidate will be managing diverse thematic programmes which aim to build strong international partnerships that delivery security and
promote prosperity for the UK.
Location: Based in Amman on a full-time basis for two years
Experienced and qualified Project Manager required to manage sensitive and complex delivery roles under Government to Government programmes which cover a range of policy areas. Responsibility covers proposals, planning, stakeholder engagement, mobilisation,
delivery and reporting. Will take charge of managing in-flight programmes at various stages of the lifecycle as well as develop leads into new areas of work. Will work flexibly to handle multiple priorities to bring tasks to successful completion.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years’ project management experience /operation management experience
- International experience including Conflict, Security, Stability Fund (CSSF) programmes.
- Demonstrable track record of developing relationships directly with the end client as well as a wide range of senior stakeholders and technical experts/SMEs.
- Strong team management skills with direct, virtual and remote team members across multiple locations
- Possess a minimum of PRINCE2 Practitioner/APM PMQ or equivalent experience.
- Verbal, written and presentational skills honed to a high standard
- Proficient across standard project management and MS Office software (e.g. MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- Ideally from a Serving Police background who has since moved into Project/International Operations management
- Experience with Conflict, Security, Stability Fund (CSSF) programmes and reporting on monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working in the Middle East
- Contract management experience
- Project management experience within central government.
Reporting functionally to the Programme Manager and delivering to the Senior Policing Advisor in Jordan.
The Project Manager will have the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that the project is effectively delivered, to central government standards on behalf of the Programme Manager
- Establishing and managing relationships with senior stakeholders and clients
- Delivering to governance and control standards, including assurance activities
- Evaluating and monitoring progress
- Managing the project budget
- Managing risks and issues and implementing mitigating actions
- Coordinating the project workstreams and their interdependencies
- Recruitment and management of resources for the project and across locations, and ensuring effective utilisation
- Ensuring that the wider project team adheres to governance and PMO practices
- Regular reporting to programme level including Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning outcomes.
- Management and scheduling movements of personnel including logistics and security aspects in close liaison with Home Office central team
SC Clearance is essential. Any candidate that does not already have SC clearance will be required to obtain SC clearance prior to role confirmation.
£625 Per Day. Candidates should note that this role is likely to be within IR35
Expenses (based out of London):
- Flights for official business will be included on a case by case basis
- Accommodation provided when on deployment abroad
- All visas are included
- All other expenses will need to be covered within the rate