Benefits: 25 days paid holiday (and all UK Bank Holidays), a 36.25 hour working week, paid sick scheme, free life assurance
A vacancy has arisen to join the Instrumentation Department reporting to the Instrument Development Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled installation, maintenance and calibration team within a lower tier COMAH facility.
The ideal candidate will have the experience listed below and must have the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- The full life-cycle management of chemical plant instrumentation projects from design through to commissioning involving all different types of instrumentation. E.g. level, flow, temperature, pressure and mass instrumentation, safety instrumented systems & intrinsic safety etc.
- The ability to manage the modification of instrumentation plant via a management of change system.
- The ability to create and use/understand CAD drawings including all types of Instrumentation drawings and P&ID’s.
- Maintaining records on all items including modifications, repairs, specifications etc.
- Have experience working within the chemical process or other similar regulated industries. E.g. Pharmaceutical, Petro-chem, Food, or Oil & Gas
- Experience of and a good understanding of the instrumentation aspects of DSEAR/ATEX compliance.
- Good understanding of control, safety systems and functional safety standards IEC61508 & IEC61511 and be able to manage proof tests along HSE guidelines.
- Sound knowledge of HSE requirements.
- A good knowledge of Planned Preventive Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance and continuous improvement will be highly beneficial.
- Experienced in working to ISO 9001 standards.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Recognised Instrument apprenticeship and educated to HNC level as a minimum.
- Several years’ experience with the management of instrumentation projects as a minimum.