We are currently recruiting for an experienced Heavy Plant Fitter / Mechanic to work alongside our clients existing team. This Heavy Plant Fitter / Mechanic will be working with our current team of experienced, high quality fitting staff. You will be required to visit the Preston workshop, but will be required to work across the UK. The ideal candidate will look after rig servicing and maintenance of heavy plant and will have solid experience in this area.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
The ideal candidate for this Heavy Plant Fitter / Mechanic position must have a background in plant maintenance, servicing and fitting. You must be flexible and adaptable in your approaches to work. you must have and be able to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK, all documents will be checked
- Undertake plant repairs and services (small plant and hydraulic drilling rigs)
- Carry out Certificate of Fitness (COF) checks
- Carry out Electronic diagnosis and repairs.
- Carry out services, repairs and maintenance in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Manages their workload and keep records of servicing intervals and maintenance
- Attend sites to deal with repairs
- Minimum NVQ Level 3
- Able to demonstrate a full and varied knowledge of drilling rigs / plant machinery
- Detailed practical working knowledge of the operation of appropriate machinery, tools and equipment.
- Sound technical knowledge and experience
- Are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other personnel who may be affected by their conduct
- Team player who will adhere and promote the Company’s Values & Behaviour
- Full UK drivers Licence (compulsory)
- Plant maintenance: 5 years
- CSCS Card / other site related competencies
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.