Main Function of the Role:
- To support the Service Department in the repair and maintenance of the generator hire fleet and customers requirements.
- To ensure high quality of service and equipment
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel
(British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Major repair of hire fleet Generators and ancillaries;
- Carry out planned service and maintenance work on both hire fleet generators and customers equipment;
- Fault diagnosis, and rectification to hire fleet generators and customers equipment, to include major engine and component strip down and rebuild;
- Installation and disconnection of equipment on site;
- Loading and unloading of vehicles;
- Depending on work load you may be required to work at or from our other depot locations.
- Carry out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy;
- Completion and submission of all company paperwork as per procedure;
- Ensure company vehicle or occasional loan vehicle supplied, is kept clean and tidy at all times, serviced within manufacturer’s guideline, and ensure any defects are notified to correct parties and rectified in a timely manner;
- Promote teamwork and co-operation at all times, both within individual depots and right across the entire Group of Companies;
- Treat all other employees and all our customers professionally and with respect;
- Always act in the best interests of any of the Generator Power Group of Companies, and not to carry out (or fail to carry out) any action that would bring the company into disrepute;
- Always work in a responsible manner to ensure safe working practices. Follow Health Safety Quality and Environmental guidelines provided by the company -currently ISO 9001:14001 and OHSAS 18001 procedures, including all future notifications;
- Proactively contribute to the company’s policy of continuous improvement;
- Carry out any reasonable ad-hoc duties requested by your direct Line Manager or the Management Team.
Qualification / Skills Required:
- GCSE High school or equivalent (Essential)
- Any Plant/Mechanical engineering qualifications (Essential)
- Fork Lift Truck Licence (desired but full training can be provided)
- Experience on generators/plant equipment/heavy engineering (or similar) (Essential)
- EXPERIENCE OF ENGINE RE-BUILDS (Essential)