Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reporting to: Service Manager
To cover the Leicester/Derby area.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
To carry out routine maintenance and repairs to both rental fleet and customer owned equipment. Ensuring best practice with quality and professionalism are met at all times and to maintain customer satisfaction.
As a Field Service Engineer your key duties will include:
• Carry out preventative / routine maintenance and repairs to all machines in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
• Carry out Diagnostic/Fault finding and any subsequent repairs on customer sites
• Identify and obtain authorisation for any chargeable repairs that may be required and in conjunction with the Service Manager/Supervisor assist in producing any Estimates/Quotes required
• Be proactive when maintaining trucks ensuring that all repairs are carried out in a safe, timely and cost effective manner.
• In conjunction with the Service Office plan your daily workload, maximising time efficiency.
• Communicate clearly and concisely with both Customers and Service Department.
• Ensure that your Van Tooling and Parts stock levels are maintained, submitting detailed Parts Requisitions to enable Parts to be obtained on a timely basis
• Ensure that all Electronic Service Reports and documents are completed correctly and sent into the Service Office immediately.
• Attend both Internal & External Technical/Health & Safety Training Courses
• Work without supervision* by using your own initiative for the majority of the time, in a safe manner as laid down by the Health and Safety at Work Act and the company's Safe Working Practices (supported by Impact Risk Assessments/Method Statements). * Advising your Line Manager if you need assistance for whatever reason.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ideally you will have a formal qualification such as an NVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Service Engineer in the Forklift Industry.
• Applications are also welcomed from engineers with a Plant, HGV, Agricultural, Automotive background.
• If you have a Military background a minimum of 3 years experience as a Vehicle Mechanic
• Good communication skills with a customer focussed approach
• Highly organised, punctual with flexible time management skills
• Salary of £23,000 - £28,000 dependant on experience + Overtime
• 40 Hours per week (Monday to Friday 08.00am to 4.30pm)
• 23 days Holiday (increasing with service) + Bank Holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance Cover
• Health Cash Plan