A key role within the Policing Advisory Services Programme, which provides advice and support to international partners in developing their security and policing capacity and capability. This role is focused in the Middle East working directly with the Ministry of Interior
and sectors therein.
Location: ICT – Based in the Middle East, with occasional working from 2MS.
Up to 2 x Theme Leads within a Security College, Middle East [country to be discussed at interview stage] advising on the design, development and delivery of a female recruit basic training courses and basic instructor courses. Will manage a team of instructors and have
responsibility of the day-to-day delivery of their theme/subject, escalating to the Training Delivery Manager and Project Manager where necessary.
Practical Skills and Self-defence Theme Lead Responsibilities
The Practical Skills and Self-defence Theme Lead is responsible for the delivery of a range of lessons in Practical Skills for Security Purposes, First Aid and Wired and Wireless Communications (hand-held radios) and Self-defence. They will be responsible for the general management of the team of instructors within this theme. Some pre/post deployment work in the UK may be required. Due to cultural requirements, this role is open to women only.
• Manage the design of effective training programmes, produce training materials (including lesson plans, risk assessments and evaluations) for bespoke courses and manage training delivery
• Active role in selection of team working with the supplier
• Lead on lessons learned and planning for future phases
• Assisting with development of related courses and wider advice to Directorate
• Effectively deliver and manage their respective theme
• Establish strategic relationships at a senior-level and with the female faculty team
• Manage delivery-level issues, escalating to the Project Manager and supplier as necessary
• Lead and manage a team of instructors
• Support the project manager in supplier management
• Provide strategic advice on developing organisational training capabilities
• Monitor, evaluate and review the progress of learners and the effectiveness of training delivered through evaluation
• Maintain records of all training delivered at various levels for the client and internal reporting
• Other work-related tasks in support of the general running of the overall project whilst in country
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
• Possess a Level 4 teaching qualification (Certificate in Education or equivalent)
• Possess a Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (TAQA, A1 or D32/D33 or equivalent)
• Experience in managing a team
• Previous experience working within the training sector of a UK police force
With a minimum of one of the following:
• Professional Level 5 Diploma in Personal Safety, Security and Self Defence;
• Diploma in Self-defence;
• Public Safety & Public Order Instructor;
• Certified Self-defence Instructor Course;
• BTEC Level 3 Self-defence Trainer;
• Award in Police Self-defence and Control and Restraint;
• Professional Level 3 Self-defence Instructor Certificate;
• Level 3 Personal Safety, Security and Self-defence Certificate.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications:
• Level 3 First Aid at Work qualification
• Training and/or advisory experience within the Middle East