Position: Permanent (50 hours working week – 5 x 10hour days)
Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays off + your birthday off, Share scheme Flexible working policies, Company bonus scheme
We are looking to recruit Ex-Military Trainee Field Deployment Engineer (S) in the Wednesbury area of the West Midlands. This Ex-Military Trainee Field Deployment Engineer (S) would ideally be electrical minded. This Ex-Military Trainee Field Deployment Engineer (S) main purpose is to ensure all telecommunications services deployment activities are undertaken with due care for quality, safety and environmental purposes on customer projects and sites.
At times this role will install equipment at height and requires physical fitness to ensure safety and wellbeing of themselves and the team around them.
The salary and benefits package for the role of Ex-Military Trainee Field Deployment Engineer (S) is highly competitive and It’s a 6-12-month training program, with a salary increase/promotion when the positions become available post their complete training and competency sign off. Next level is currently a £33.500 annual salary.
Applications from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) only.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Deployment activities
- Calibration activities
- Site administrative activities
- Installation activities
- Use of on-site Equipment
- Site Handover
- Engineering is provided throughout the year therefore a flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs is essential.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as reasonably possible that all documentation is completed & submitted
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal Telecom and external sub-contractor organisations
- To assist with covering the responsibilities of other members of the team in their absence
- To take responsibility for own health, safety and wellbeing; and that of visitors and other employees; ensuring compliance with Health and Safety policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- To be responsible for own behaviour and acting in a manner that avoids and discourages any form of discrimination or harassment
- To take pride in personal appearance
- Willing to continue learning and be trained
- Maintain a positive attitude and sense of professional pride
- Able to perform weekend and shift duties
- Electrical practical knowledge and experience
- In possession of a full and valid road vehicle driving license
Full training will be provided but hands-on experience in the following would be an added benefit:
- Knowledge of standards and specifications (for Operating, Driving and Maintenance)
- Electrically minded
- Windows 98, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible, honest, and punctual
- Good Communication Skills
- Team worker
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.