We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join an established manufacturing / Service team
This Engineering Manager can work from anywhere in the U.K. and travel to site at least twice a week and will be responsible for a number of sites.
We are looking for organised and technically sound professionals who have an engineering background ideally within the crane / lifting equipment industry.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel
(British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged
The Duties � Engineering Manager
- The role requires detailed and process driven candidates who can hit the ground running and strive in rapidly changing environments.
- Excellent communication skills are required along with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders and inspire change.
- Managing and co-ordinating the Engineering department/workload
- Defining, measuring and report upon department KPI
- Supporting and implementing the business strategy
- Management and development of Works instructions
- Technical trouble shooting
- Working with Sales team to deliver customer requirements
- Pricing and cost control within department
- Monitoring and complying with Standards Compliance Advisor, Regs/ standards and other industry bodies/ accreditation's
What our client is looking for in an Engineering Manager:
- Must be qualified to HND or Degree level in Mechanical engineering
- Ideally the successful candidates would have 10 years experience within the commercial vehicle industry
- Have experience managing teams
- Have excellent technical knowledge
- Possess good I.T. skills, including MS Office and the SAP ERP System
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be confident and comfortable interfacing with other departments and stakeholders
- Be self-motivated, capable of working under pressure, and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Be a good team player, flexible with regards to tasks performed