Main Function of the Position:
- To support the business in the smooth and efficient running of the Service function;
- To ensure high quality of service and equipment;
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel
(British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
- Liaise with the Hire Desk and ensure that process is followed with timely controlled picking lists to correctly allocate generators and ancillary equipment for hire;
- Ensure maximum availability of the hire fleet at all times;
- Overall responsibility for the Foreman, the Service Engineers, both Depot and Field based Engineers, ensuring their time is managed to maximum efficiency;
- Identify training requirements for staff at own location;
- Manage the weekly service list and making certain that Engineers are carrying out the optimum amount of services;
- Ensure that all job sheets are completed as per the company procedure, to the required standard and within the required timescale;
- Ensure the on call rota is carried out within legal boundaries and adequate rest periods.
- Management and authorisation of overtime, holidays, sickness and any other absences;
- Process Engineers timesheets on a weekly basis ensuring strict company policies are adhered to;
- Control and Process holiday forms, self-certification absence paperwork.
- Assist with the fleet audit process;
- Liaise with Storeman to ensure optimum stock levels of fast moving items;
- Carry out Tool Box talks and ensure submission by the deadline stated;
- Ensure all hire fleet returned is inspected and booked in within guidelines and any damages or shortages are notified to the relevant HDC;
- Promote teamwork and co-operation within the depot and across the business;
- Ensure company vehicle or occasional loan vehicle when supplied, is kept clean and tidy at all times, serviced within manufacturer’s guideline, and ensure any defects are notified to correct parties and rectified in a timely manner;
- Promote teamwork and co-operation at all times, both within HO and right across the entire Generator Power Group of Companies;
- Always act in the best interests of any of the Generator Power Group of Companies, and not to carry out (or fail to carry out) any action that would bring the company into disrepute;
- Always work in a responsible manner to ensure safe working practices. Follow Health Safety Quality and Environmental guidelines provided by the company - currently ISO 9001:14001 and OHSAS 18001 procedures, including all future notifications;
- Carry out any reasonable ad-hoc duties that are requested by the Managing Director or the Management Team.
Skills & Qualification:
- GCSEs High school or equivalent;
- Any Plant/Mechanical Engineering qualifications or equivalent experience;
- Any Administrative Qualifications;
- Management experience;
- Competent with IT and computer packages especially Microsoft Excel & Word;