Salaries is worked out on experience:
- Mornings @£13 = £28,730
- Mornings @£16 = £35,360
- Afternoons @£13 = £29,484
- Afternoons @£16 = £35,368
Afternoon Shift pays an additional £15 per completed shift
Mornings Shifts 6:30 am – 14:30 pm (Monday to Thursday) 6:30 am – 13:30 pm (Friday's)
Afternoons Shifts 14:00 pm – 00:15 am (Monday to Thursday)
We are looking to recruit CNC technicians to set and run jobs across Milling and Turning machines. These CNC Technicians will be a fully trained CNC Setter/Operator with minimum 5 years experience in the setting and operating of complex machined components for the Aerospace or similar Industries. This position shall require flexibility in working arrangements. In addition to the duties and responsibilities described at the interview and induction stages or outlined at a later time, the position holder shall be required to carry out such duties, responsibilities and additional tasks as necessary within the position holder’s capabilities. The company reserves the right to alter or vary this job description in line with work requirements and the position holder shall be expected to cooperate in the interests of the company.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Reports to: Cell Leader or Shift Leader on PM Shift
Purpose of the Job: To operate CNC machines and to set jobs when skills meet the required standard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance with Health and Safety Legislation
- Fully appreciate the machine types and capabilities.
- Carrying out CNC machine production operations as detailed within the Route Sheets.
- Monitoring and inspecting product and process characteristics within the scope of their activities, carrying out production first off inspections, quantity counts, recording the details and signing and dating the Inspection Check Sheets.
- Notifying Supervision following the detection of suspect or non-conforming products.
- Notifying Supervision following the completion of specified production activities, as applicable.
- Ensuring products are finished off safely and properly in line with good practise e.g. removal of burrs, countersinking etc. as appropriate) and transporting them to the next process Holding Area.
- Carrying out relevant safety checks and maintenance on plant and equipment used, as applicable.
- The provision and maintenance of relevant Quality records.
- Setting and operating CNC Machines when skills meet the required standard
- Follow all available customer information / drawings / standards etc. to fully satisfy the customer requirement.
- Complete work in a timely manner to the required quality standard
- To identify opportunities for improvement in quality and efficiency.
- Fully trained CNC Setter / Operator
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the 2/3 axis setting and operating of complex machined components for the Aerospace or similar Industries.
- CNC operating experience
- Fully appreciate
- Machine types and their capabilities.
- Experience in the 4/5 axis setting and operating of complex machined components
- Engineering Qualification (ONC, BTEC, City & Guilds)
- Evidence of continued professional study
- Having completed an engineering Apprenticeship
- Education to GCSE level with Maths and English at Grades A*-C or equivalent with excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Programming qualification or working towards (e.g. City and Guilds)
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Numeracy skills
- A proven track record of:
- Using own initiative within defined procedures and policies.
- Presenting information in a logical, clear and concise format and communicating this effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Working collaboratively with a range of colleagues.
- Managing own workload
- Identifying priorities quickly and accurately and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Analysing data and information and advising on findings and solutions.
Personal qualities and attributes
- A proven track record of: • Motivating, negotiating with and influencing others. • Self-evaluation of learning needs and actively seeking further training / development
- Willingness to attend meetings as required.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.