The Civils Supervisor will be working closely with the Civils Delivery Team and will supervise and develop a team of excavation, reinstatement & support gangs. The Civils Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring work is delivered safely, efficiently, and in compliance with all industry and company SHEQ standards. The position will require a significant element of site audit/ inspection on both an in-progress and retrospective basis.
The role is field based, spending minimal time in your designated depot/office.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- On site supervision of all civils related activities;
- Co-ordinate materials supply and usage on site;
- Track daily progress and contractor performance;
- Collate as built information to support hand over documentation;
- Carry out regular quality and H&S inspections;
- Liaise with management regarding on-site issues;
- Liaise with other departments, the client representatives and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist in the management of contractors within agreed KPI’s and delivery schedules
What You’ll Need To Succeed:
- Previous experience working within the Utility industry, preferably with knowledge and experience of Telecommunications;
- Full Driving License;
- NRSWA LA-01 Card S1-S7 for Excavation/ + Reinstatement + Supervision;
- Well organised and Professional;
- Self-motivated, and able to motivate others effectively and drive performance;
- Good problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box;
- Good MS Office experience;
- Good communications skills and proactivity.
Preferable Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience of working and supervising in the Openreach external network
- Abrasive Wheels, CDM Awareness, Manual Handling and PEWER/LOLA
- First Aid at Work
- CPCS Blue mini digger operator card
- IOSH – Managing Safely
- Abrasive Wheels Accreditation