Our Client is experiencing growth and is opening up opportunities for qualified Boiler Installation Engineers. So if you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, Customer focused company, and you are passionate about giving great customer service?
We now have excellent opportunities for career minded individuals to join their team of directly employed installation engineers.
Applications welcome from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Our Clients response to the COVID-19 Crisis:
· Full PPE & Social distancing measures with customers.
· All our People remain working on full pay; we have not furloughed anyone.
· Remote Assessments not needing to come into the office.
The Boiler Installation Engineers will work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers’ lives.
Location: Based within a geographical areas of St Albans, Watford & Enfield, although, you may be required to work in other areas across the UK.
Hours of Work: Installation engineers are offered to work annualised hours, working 45 hour weeks in the winter with a potential to work 30 hours in the summer, it is your responsibility to manage these hours
Work is a demanding but highly rewarding career where you’ll be helping our Customers when they need us the most. If you’re ambitious by nature then we’ve got ample opportunity for career progression.
Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as an Boiler Installation Engineer, you’ll need to undertake our extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of different types of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be classroom based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment. There will then be time where you ‘buddy’ up with an experienced Installation engineer in your area.
What we need you to have:
· Full UK driving licence
· Prerequisite - Relevant ACS
· At least 3 years industry experience undertaking installation
· Manufacturer’s product training
· Electrical knowledge is essential, wring up combination, s-plan & y-plan system
· Able to approach and resolve problems logically
· Demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the task in hand
· Experience working with members of the public, with an ability to deal with Customers effectively
· Accept all jobs allocated as part of workforce scheduling
· Resolve issues with difficult jobs and see through to the end
· Proactively resolve issues
· Offer solutions
What we would like you to have:
· Manual Handling
· Working at heights
· Asbestos Awareness
· Servicing and repair work of gas fired appliances and heating systems
· Fault finding and diagnostics qualifications.
Create value for the Customer
· Consistently deliver our brand promise to make dealing with our Customers claim effortless.
· Ensure the Customer fully understands the great service you will provide - before, during and after the work is completed.
· Installation of all types of domestic heating systems in accordance with the manufactures instructions, industry best practice and legislation.
· Make sure you maintain all the right tools, equipment and inventory in the Company van using our inventory management procedures.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted and also to complete an online Video Interview.